Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Thousand Word Thursday


After looking at my vacation pictures from over the summer.....I remembered how much i just LOVE this picture. *sigh* here I am getting sentimental again. I am sure that I will shed a tear. We went to North Carolina so my girls could meet my grandma for the first time....we drove from St Louis, I don't recommend it. Anyway, we went to the beach the evening after Tropical Storm Cristobal and it was just gorgeous! My Pappy passed away more then 10 years ago and we all seem to feel his presence at the beach more then anywhere else. Everytime I look at this picture I see my girls and I see the beauty that Pappy provided us with that evening....


Of course if you really look close...you can see that no one is paying attention.....Kaelyn's eyes are closed, Sophie's not looking and Macy is holding Emma in place......but I still love it!

13 comments:

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Paerfect shot-so nice that at least the rainbow cooperated!

kel said...

Pretty!! I love it!!

Bree Shaw said...

i love the double rainbow in the background. what great memories!

Abby said...

What a pretty shot!

Dee said...

oh that is a great shot!!

Jamey said...

wow that is a beautiful shot!

The Mom Jen said...

What a great shot! Love that it's snowing on your blog too!

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I love pictures that bring back such clear memories.

MOMMY-MOMO said...

great picture! Its beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful picture! Candid shots reveal more than posed ones! =)

Leslie said...

Imperfect is always perfect to me! Great picture with the rainbows behind them. Love the memory!

Amy Clary said...

What a pretty picture. Every time I see a rainbow, I'm reminded of my hubster's Aunt who passed away last year. There was a rainbow in the sky the day of her memorial service.
Happy ATWT!

Heather of the EO said...

Perfect! Rainbows make my heart want to explode. And all those girls? WOW, you've got a busy life! :) So nice to "meet" you.