Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Thousand Word Thursday

So after 4 kids....I have never given in at the stupid little rides at the grocery stores. Once you put in a quarter, you are screwed for life. Then if you are at the checkout and don't have a quarter or 10, then you have to be the bad guy during a knock-down drag out. Well I have never given in until now. Sophie and I were at stupid Wal-Mart and the rest of the girls were at school. Sophie wanted to ride Snuffy the airplane.......whats it going to hurt I asked myself and then I put in the 2 quarters......yep, this is what happened. She screamed bloody murder. And then you ask how long did I let her scream just so I could snap this picture?! I was not about to pass up this opportunity and now I know that she will never want to ride one of these stupid little dirty rides again!!! Now I know that I will also be able to save money by not having to take her to 6-Flags...ever!!!! hehehehehehehe.....my poor baby....

For more A Thousand Word Thursday's please visit Jen at Cheaper Than Therapy

17 comments:

Dee said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I KNOW you were thinking...well thats what she gets! That is too super funny!

kel said...

Oh my god.. I'm dying here.. so funny!

Amy Clary said...

Oh, LOL...that is so funny. I would have done the same thing. Make a point and shoot a pic at the same time. lol

Abby said...

HAHAHA! That's funny! I also claim that I will never let my kids ride one of those things either. So far, so good, but I only have 1 15-month old. Oh, but we were at the mall a few weeks ago and I went into Bath and Body Works and when I came out my husband had the G-man on one of those. He didn't put any $ in, but now the G-man know about them. And, yes, our mall is kind of gheto, it has some of those riding things!

Proud Mommy said...

That is hilarious!!!!

Bree Shaw said...

how funny!

Nicole O'Dell said...

HAHA...I'm guessing Six Flags isn't out the window, though. ;)

April said...

I'm a mean mom...I always so no to those grimy little rides in Wal-Mart...and also the gum ball, temporary tattoo, and jewelry machines in the front of restaurants!!!

Kristina P. said...

This totally made me chuckle out loud. Honestly, I think pictures of little kids crying is the most hysterical thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! And let the night terrors begin.

BTW - I found you over at Cheaper than Therapy!

Corrine said...

that is awesomw, not that I think it is great that she was screaming but that you got a picture of her terror! And yeah for never having to deal with those machines!

The Mom Jen said...

OMG, i'm sorry, but that is hilarious...a video would have been better

MOMMY-MOMO said...

haha! poor thing. thats pretty funny

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

Poor little girl, I bet it was a shock to her (and you) when it turned out to be a torture device and not a fun ride.

Leslie said...

Yes, yes, I remember those days. Glad to see you're laughing about it already. You are laughing, right?

Brooks said...

YES. I was secretly laughing inside and still am!! After 4 kids....things are much easier to deal with!

Mel Fraase said...

LOL!! Perfect - maybe I can get my toddler to give these up, too!