Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Special Tempt my Tummy Tuesday!!

Today is a special TMTT.... cause.....it involves a PRIZE! Yippee. Please visit Lisa at Blessed with Grace for rules and such.


Alright ladies, I got my recipe from 'The Sweet Potato Queen's Big Ass Cookbook', YES its a real cookbook. Though it is hard to follow because it reads like a book, not a cookbook......that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean! I chose this recipe because it sounds ridiculous, but I can totally see people trampling for it....who doesn't love BACON?


Bacon Monkey Bread~

First you cook a wad of bacon. You're gonna need at least a dozen slices for the recipe. Crumble them up (this will inhibit further pilfering on your part). Mix the bacon bits with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 1 small chopped onion. Okay, now melt a stick of butter. Take 3 10-ounce cans of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Dip the biscuits hunks into the butter. Put about a third of them in a lightly greased bundt pan and sprinkle some of the bacon stuff over them. Fill up the pan with layers of buttered biscuit hunks and the bacon stuff, ending with biscuit hunks. Bake at 350 for around 40 minutes. Let it sit in the for a few minutes to cool and then dump it out onto a platter and jump back to avoid being trampled.



There is not a low-fat version for this.......sorry folks....



10 comments:

kel said...

Oh.. my... God... that sounds...delicious.

Annie said...

Holy, mother. That sounds dangerous!

Sarah said...

wow! This is on my list of "must trys"

Jamey said...

Holy Cow! YUM!

Abby said...

Wow! Bacon Monkey Bread! My husband would go crazy for that stuff!

Kristina P. said...

Did you see my post about the Chocolate Covered Bacon I made? It was delicious. This sounds awesome.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Bacon & bread. Wow. Double-y goodness. Happy TMTT!

mub said...

Ooh yum! Bookmarked for later =D

threesidesofcrazy said...

This sounds great. YUM I'd only ever had the sweet version of monkey bread.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Well, BACON!! Can't go wrong with bacon, right? Thanks for participating in TMTT. Good luck with the giveway. I wish everyone could win.