Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Cheer

I did electronic Christmas cards this year. I am cheap and Christmas cards are so dang expensive. After you have picked out your picture, had the photo cards made, purchased stamps and put the damn things together and mailed them you have spent at LEAST $50 AND spent your time kinda unproductive...especially if you should have been Christmas shopping, cleaning or vacuuming.
I wanted to go out and buy the girls coordinating outfits, sit them in front of the tree or somewhere cool outside and take a candid shot of them laughing or actually smiling at the camera. NOW I know that is not TOO much to ask for, right? I tried that last year and I swear I shot a gazillion pictures and only came up with ONE!!! Frustrating, I know.

So I chose this picture because my girls are all looking at the camera and it was taken in my grandmothers back yard over the summer in North Carolina. The playset has been there for 50 years and my father, uncle, aunt and myself all played on it. *sigh* So its special to me. I am a VERY sentimental person!
Christmas Cards 2008
Christmas card picture 2007

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Looks great! I just got our cards yesterday. And you're right. They will probably cost $50. :(

Leslie said...

Your card turned out sooo cute. The girls have have all grown so much!

Abby said...

Those are really cute pictures! I agree that cards are expenive. We got lucky this year. I won 40 cards on a giveaway and then we did 20 cards for 20 cents on Snapfish. I am sure it won't turn out so cheap next year!

Angie and Mike said...

That's really cool about the location of the pic and what it means to you. You are sentimental, it is very sweet.

Nicole O'Dell said...

I love the card and I think candid shots are so fun. Nice choice!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

They are SO cute! :) I love your card !

Hohni said...

Those are way too cute!!!

Annie said...

Vert cute!