Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday~Crab Cakes

I have been bad about my TMTT postings...its been a few weeks. So I am back! Here is a yummy recipe from a magazine I got years ago, it makes me think of the coast...

Crab Cakes
1 pound crabmeat
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1/8 cup mayo
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
3 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp. white pepper (i use whatever kind I have at the time)
1/8 cup diced onions
2-3 tbsp. diced green bell pepper
Panko Bread crumbs or plain if you don't have Panko
Peanut oil for cooking.....

In a bowl, combine all but the breadcrumbs. Mix well. Shape into 3 oz. patties. Coat with bread crumbs. Cook on high heat in 1 tsp. oil until brown on both sides. Serves 3

Please check out Lisa at Blessed with Grace for more TMTT recipes.

8 comments:

April said...

Yummy......makes me want to head to the beach!

Abby said...

I LOVE crabcakes! We just went out last night and had some and they were SOOOOO good! Yum!

Kristina P. said...

My husband, who doesn't love most seafood, actually likes crabcakes. Maybe I will have to try these!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Crab cakes are a very special treat. I just love them so!!!!!! A million and one ways to make them and I would be so thrilled to be part of a panel trying them all.

Samantha said...

LOVE crabcakes, will have to try this recipe, sounds so good !
Thanks for sharing !

Unknown said...

OMGosh that sounds heavenly!!!!

akawest said...

I always order these in restaurants. I should make them. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I have never made crab cakes. I love eating them, though. Thanks. This looks easy. Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.