Sunday, March 29, 2009

my little kae kae

So last night......we had our first incident with stitches. I have 4 girls and this was my 3rd trip to the ER. The first was Macy when she was 2. She fell down some steps and wanted to go to sleep, so we took her to the ER. Then once Emma was a little dehydrated and I took her to get fluids. But this time, it was a blood everywhere freak accident that had me turn into race car driver. Kae was playing with Geoff and she whipped her head around so her wouldn't 'get her' and whap her forehead hit right on the corner of the wall.
So after 3 hours in the ER, I emerged skilled in the art of stitches, needles (real big ones for a 5 year old) and the strength of a child that sees a needle and thread coming at her right above her eyeballs.....Here is the result.

7 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Yikes!! Thank god she's okay, and still smiling! :o)

Hohni said...

And she's still smiling!! Perfect!

Unknown said...

OUCH! she is adorable altho I must admit I have a weak stomach and would have passed out if that was my bean

Nicole O'Dell said...

Awww, what a little trooper!

I'm so glad she's okay!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Oh...poor thing...stitches are the worst!

My little boy had to get them on his chin...

She's such a trooper...totally grinning in those pictures, she has been taught well!

April said...

Nice stitches Kae! Too bad you don't live close....my hubby could have stitched her up in our kitchen like every other kid in town!

Susan said...

OH my gosh... she is beautiful and I have the hardest time with blood - my girls are 6 and 9 and stitch free so far. Thank god... but then there's my stepsons...