Wednesday, March 4, 2009

no excuses

I really have no excuses for why I have not been blogging everyday like I did a few months ago. I think life sometimes just gets in the way. I have not been commenting on many blogs, but I have been reading them, okay so I have been reading 10% and skimming the rest. Sorry folks, but I have just been busy. I think that maybe when my twins start Kindergarten I will have more time, or maybe not. They start the Big K in 5 months and 2 weeks, not that I am counting down the days or anything. I think maybe I am just re-prioritizing things. I just want to 'mother' more and be a better housekeeper and crap like that. I have joined 2 small groups and enjoying them greatly. I just finished a cookbook full of recipes contributed by moms in my MOPS group. I can't wait for that to be over and done with! IT was a lot of hard work. Now I have 3 getting ready to play ball and I am the manager for the twins t-ball team and my Geoff is going to be the coach. I am so freakin' nervous about being in charge of 15 4-6 year olds!
Um. what will I do with my 2 year old during practices and such? heck I have not thought of that till just now. great. I totally am enjoying today though. The weather is warming up and I have locked the girls outside and I am forcing them to play. Really I want them to just like each other lately. Everything is a fight. My favorite one so far was....."Its a ROCK" "NO, ITS A GEM" "ITS A ROCK!" "NO ITS A GEM" NO ITS A ROOOOOOCCCKKKKKK!!!!" Life is grand.
So on a way brighter note I found out that Geoff and I are for sure going to Tampa Bay, FL in April!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FREE! Its for his new job, and he will have some training classes to do during the day on 2-3 of the days, but other than that we will be on our own. We have NEVER been anywhere by ourselves for more than 2 nights. And we have never been out of state away from the girls.....so this is way over due. IAMSOEXCITED!
Anyone live in Tampa? Or has visited? I need a few pointers on vacationing there! I will take all the input that I can! I want to irritate my husband with romantic places to go.....hehehehe.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I have been to Tampa many times. Tampa per say has not much. A lot of walmarts. Oh but in Spring the Yankees Spring train there. Other than that not much there. However... Not far from there is clearwater beach, which is gorgous, and Tarpon Springs which has MANY tourists spots and little shops that you can shop in all day. And it's cheap. Tampa itself though has Bush Gardens, and Lowry Zoo which is a great Zoo as well. Hope this helps.

Amy said...

I have been to Tampa many times. Tampa per say has not much. A lot of walmarts. Oh but in Spring the Yankees Spring train there. Other than that not much there. However... Not far from there is clearwater beach, which is gorgous, and Tarpon Springs which has MANY tourists spots and little shops that you can shop in all day. And it's cheap. Tampa itself though has Bush Gardens, and Lowry Zoo which is a great Zoo as well. Hope this helps.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Haven't been to Tampa, but would love to go...even if it's just to check out all the walmarts... :o)

Anonymous said...

You know I have you covered when you go to Tampa - so no stress. And Dad & I will be at the girls games and try to make the practice so we can watch Blondie - so there you go-2 less things to stress about!!! Life is good-thank you Lord!!

Hohni said...

Someplace warm and sunny would be such a treat, even if I had to bring the hoodlums with!!!