Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gettin' Started Again.....

So I did it. I started back to school this week and I am going to start blogging again this week too. I can't begin to tell you how it feels to 'return to school' at the age of 33. Its not like I am the 85 year old man that I saw carrying a NorthFace backpack yesterday, but I really think that I am old. I have 4 kids and they are the only ones that are supposed to be in school, right?? I am the mom!
So putting that silly thought behind me, it has been one hell of a week!!! It started with a 3 day weekend! Lots of stuff going on around here. One sister and family moving back into town, the other sister sold her house! My girls are each in activities now. Ballet, tumbling, softball, Destination Imagination, guitar lessons and t-ball signs-ups are next week! MOPS is in full swing for the semester and I am loving the Esther study we are doing in Bible study. Ask me how I am going to juggle it all. I have no idea. I never wanted to hear the word syllabus again, but its being said all around me!
So the last time I was at the community college, ummmm 15 years ago. Yep, I said it. It was a long time ago. Anywho, there were only 4 bldgs and I could easily find myself where I needed to be without incident. So in the 15 years that I have been away from the community college they seemed to think it would be a good idea to expand. I am not sure who told them this, but I don't like it. There are now 12 bldgs and its so spread out that I have no idea where I am going. Does sense of direction go with age too?? I was really stupidly nervous that I would be the oldest person in my 3 on campus classes since they are during the day, but I am not! That has made me very happy!!!! But that doesn't say anything about the stupidity of the retards (yes'm I said it) that don't know how to drive in the parking lot. They all have lead feet when it comes to the gas and the brake. They gun it and then see you trying to walk in the crosswalk and then they slam on their brakes.....Its like they opened the lot for the drivers to play chicken with the people walking. Its very nerve wracking!! Then there are the kiddos that don't know how to park. I am not an expert parker but when I pull into a space I like to make sure that there is enough room on either side of my car so the person parked next to me doesn't need a can opener to get into their car. Oh, and I think its polite to park straight too.
My husband wants to try and find me a GreenDale Community College t-shirt. You know, from the show Community with Joel McHale (my current Mr. Hotness).
Well its Thursday and I have been up since 4 am with a sick kiddo. I gotta catch my bearings before they run off with out me! And I need some damn coffee!!!
Be back soon!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

For the umteenth time (yes, that's a word), what are you studying??? Also, what IS Destination Imagination? I think I need to enroll someone in THAT! OH, and I met a nice lady at dance last night- she was from your town- cool beans! :)

Dee said...

That is sooooo exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it.